Thursday, November 8, 2007

My employer, a German IT company, has just bought another company, and without going into the boring details, my working life is likely to get a lot more demanding than hitherto. I'm likely to be travelling around the UK and Europe and being generally an even more supine servant of global capital than I was before. I'm not complaining - other people in our work-obsessed culture have it worse - but it means it'll be harder to keep the blog up to date, not to mention maintaining my Litter and Leafe Press activities. Needs must, wolf-from-the-door etc. But I'll try my best. It's a common experience among one-man poetry outfits, witness Peter Philpott's difficulties at GreatWorks. As Peter says 'The job gets in the way of Great Works, but it's nice to be able to afford a house to work in, food etc.'

1 comment:

John B-R said...

Just add performance artist to your vita ...