Saturday, April 28, 2007

I've just started work on the next Leafe Press book: a single poem of 200-plus pages by American poet John Bloomberg-Rissman, called 'No Sounds of My Own Making'. As the title implies, it's contructed entirely of quotes from other writers. It's a quick-paced witty and engaging poem, that also manages to look squarely at the way human beings treat each other, mainly in relation to contemporary events. I hope to have it ready for publication by autumn this year at the latest.

I've made the first tentative enquiries about getting a grant of public money to buy some up-to-date DTP software. The Print-on-Demand process was more complicated than it should have been last time because I didn't have the right tools for the job, namely, Adobe Indesign, Acrobat Pro and Photoshop. That lot should set me back abut £1200. Let's hope the vast succubus of the 2012 Olympics hasn't absorbed all the available cash.

Thanks to extensive reports from the BBC, radio, television and the national press, it's clear to me that the most important question facing Britain today is: should Prince Hal enter the field of battle?

It's good that we discuss these things - befitting a country whose government is full of Lords, Knights and and Baronesses.

No comments: